We are in search of a Cloud Engineer/ App Admin who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of IaaS technologies, platforms, and applications; and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you are also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion – and help us implement those ,too
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Working in tandem with our Blue Yonder team to identify and implement the most optimal solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing, and developing cloud-based and on-premise applications.
- Managing cloud environments and on-premise in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Three years’ experience with Cloud Technologies, DevOps, Data Center Management, and Systems Administration.
- Certification in AWS, Azure, or Cloud Security is a plus.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, and distributed networks.
- Must have basic knowledge of scripting in Bash, Python etc.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL server, Oracle and MySQL.
- Preferences will be given to individuals experienced in Docker, Kubernetes, and monitoring tools like Nagios XI or Zabbix.